According to multiple reports, a total of five people have now been arrested and charged with a combined 60 counts of corruption in connection to the Down Under swabbing scandal. One of the individuals which have been charged is former Harness Racing New South Wales Steward Paul O'Toole
A report by The Sunday Telegraph has quoted Harness Racing NSW Regulatory Manager Reid Sanders as saying, "This is just scraping the tip of the iceberg."
The article states that along with O'Toole, drivers Greg Bennett and Cameron Fitzpatrick and trainers Dean Atkinson and Michael Russo were arrested and charged.
(With files from The Sunday Telegraph)
• Trio Charged In Down Under Probe
• Panel To Begin Swabbing Irregularity Probe
• Veteran Horseman Ruled Off
• Purses Reduced To Fund Drug Testing?
• Owner Banned Due To Probe
• Down Under Investigation Widening
• Trainer's Telephone Records Requested
• Stewards Resign Amid Probe
• Required: Report Change In Driving Tactics