According to a report, the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association wants to undertake a $100-million conversion of Monmouth Park, which would transform the raceway to a year-round entertainment destination
An article by the Asbury Park Press has explained that the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association's plan calls for an indoor water park, a New Jersey-style boardwalk area, a two-screen movie theatre, new retail and commercial space, a 36-hole miniature golf course, new restaurants and a concert venue.
The report also states that real estate titan Morris Bailey, who tried to work out a lease for the track last year, has agreed to guide the expansion plans.
“I’ll be helping on the long-term development plans. I love Monmouth Park and want to see it succeed,” Bailey was quoted as saying. “I think the horsemen are the right people to run the track and I’m very optimistic about the future of the track. With the right private management they’ll be able to turn it into a resort destination.”
(With files from the Asbury Park Press)
• Ten T-Bred Cards For Meadowlands Turf
• Horsemen Would Run Monmouth Slots
• NJSEA Board Gives Blessing For Deal
• Monmouth Deal Expected By Week's End
• Deadline For Monmouth Deal Is February 29
• Meadowlands To Emulate Woodbine?
• Gural Inks 30-Year Lease For The Big M