Breeders Award: Breeders’ awards, as determined by the sponsor, shall be paid to two-year old
trotters whose certificate of registration indicates place of foaling to be Prince Edward Island and whose
dam resided on PEI for at least 183 days of the foaling year. (Residency requirement to be verified by
signed affidavit submitted to PEIHRIA preferably before December 1st of the foaling year). These awards shall be paid by the PEI Harness Racing Industry Association subject to funding made available from Government programs in support of the Island breeding industry.
For foals of 2022 that sold at the 2023 Atlantic Classic Sale, nomination payments
will increase from $100 to $200. The due date for nomination payments will move from April 15th, 2024,
to March 15t , 2024, to align with other two-year-old stake payments.
1. APHRC assumes no liability for purses, injury, damages, or loss to participants in this event.
2. The PEIHRIA reserves the right to cancel any or all races for whatever reason. If an event is not
raced the Association’s liability will be limited to a refund of nomination and starting fees only without
interest. Nominating fees will be refunded pro rata only among those entering the cancelled race.
3. The PEIHRIA, within its sole discretion, may from time to time make amendments to the terms and
conditions of the Brian Andrew Memorial Stake of any kind whatsoever, including added money, as well
as nomination and sustaining payments and starting fees with the approval of the APHRC and proper
notice given to the industry, and the person nominating and/or sustaining agrees to be bound by such
4. Nomination must be made to become eligible for the event. All nominating and starting fees paid in
shall be added to the purse with no deduction for administration.
5. A starting fee of $200 is payable for the event and is due no later than one hour prior to the post time
of the event entered at the host track.
6. All horses must qualify to race based on time and performance standards established for the Atlantic
Sires Stakes or as amended by the participating racetrack with the approval of the PEIHRIA and the
7. Declaration shall be at a date and time as established by the race office of the host track.
8. Horses declared in any event shall be divided according to APHRC rules where there are nine or more
declarations to start, and no division shall consist of more than eight starters.
9. The purse shall consist of all nomination and starting fees received for the event, plus a contribution
from the host track, plus any sponsorship money added. All divisions of any event shall carry the
same purse based on total purse divided by the number of divisions.
10. Purses shall be distributed to the first five finishers in any event or division thereof based on 45%,
25%, 15%, 10%, and 5% for the first through fifth finisher. If four finishers 50%, 25%, 15%, 10%. If
three finishers 50%, 30%, 20%. If two finishers 60%, 40%. If one finisher 100%.
11. The contribution from the host track shall be $1,500 per division.
12. a) A minimum of five horses must be nominated to the event before it will be held. If less than five
entries are nominated to the event, the event will be cancelled, and nomination fees returned.
b) A minimum of five horses must be declared into the event before it will be staged. If less than five
horses declare into the event, the event will be cancelled, and nomination and starting fees received
will be refunded as per Condition # 2.
c) To be eligible to declare to start in the event, a horse must meet the qualification requirements of
Condition # 6 above and have made the necessary payments as required above.
13. Unless as otherwise specified above, the Brian Andrew Memorial Stake shall be contested under the
rules of Standardbred Canada and the Atlantic Provinces Harness Racing Commission.
14. Nomination fees are to be paid to Standardbred Canada. Starting fees are payable to the host track.
15. In the event that an explicit interpretation of these conditions might not be acceptable to all parties,
the PEIHRIA Board of Directors reserves the right to interpret these conditions in an implicit manner
in accordance with the goals and objectives of the organization as may be established and emended
from time to time with the approval of the APHRC and proper notice given to the industry.
16. Standardbred Canada and the PEIHRIA assume no responsibility for nominations or payments
made by mail which are not received. Sending payments by Registered Mail is recommended. All
payments must be post marked no later than the said due date.