The election of the 2023 – 2025 Standardbred Canada Board of Directors will take place on December 15, 2022 by electronic ballot. Questions regarding nomination or election should be directed to the Corporate Secretary.
As a result of the nominations received for Standardbred Canada Director, below are the profiles of the candidates running as SC Director. Applications for Director nominations closed Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 5 p.m. (EDT) with the following results:
There were eight acclamations, and two vacancies:
- Active Director - Blair Corbeil, Beaumont, Alberta
- Track Director - Vacant
- Active Director - Richard Veilleux, St-Hughes, Québec
- Breeder Director - Guillaume Cayer-Richard, Cleveland, Québec
- Track Director - François-Patrick Allard, Mont-Royal, Québec
- Active Director - Andrea Rennison, Truro, Nova Scotia
- Breeder Director - Vacant
- Track Director - Lee Drake, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Nominations for the Standardbred Canada Board of Directors 2023-2025:
Breeder Director Nominees (1 to be elected):
Active Director Nominees (2 to be elected):
- Blair Burgess, Campbellville, Ontario
- Ryan Clements, London, Ontario
- Bill O’Donnell, Guelph, Ontario
- James A. Whelan, Troy, Ontario
Breeder Director Nominees (2 to be elected):
Standardbred Canada would like to congratulate all acclaimed to the Board and wish the best of luck to nominees seeking election.
The online election process for members will commence at 11 a.m. (EDT) on November 10, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Darlene Kidd-Bailey, Corporate Secretary at (905) 858-3060 ext 258.
SC Active/Breeder Director Nomination Form
Active/Breeder Directors must be nominated by SC Active/Breeder members