2023-2025 Director Elections
As a result of Director Nominations by the Standardbred Canada membership, eight of the 15 seats on the SC Board of Directors were acclaimed and two were left vacant. Five seats were voted on by eligible Standardbred Canada members with 16 per cent voter turnout.
The following is the list of Directors that were acclaimed or elected by the membership. This Board will serve a three-year term from 2023 to 2025.
Please join Standardbred Canada staff in welcoming the new Board of Directors and in thanking the Directors that will not be returning.
The first meeting of the new Board will take place on Friday, Feb. 3, 2023 in Mississauga, Ont.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2023 – 2025
- Active Director: Blair Corbeil (Acclaimed)
- Breeder Director: Paula Mason
- Track Director: Vacant
- Active Director: Bill O’Donnell, Jim Whelan
- Breeder Director: Joanne Colville, Ann Straatman
- Track Director: Tony Elliott (Acclaimed), Megan Walker (Acclaimed)
- Active Director: Richard Veilleux (Acclaimed)
- Breeder Director: Guillaume Cayer-Richard (Acclaimed)
- Track Director: François-Patrick Allard (Acclaimed)
- Active Director: Andrea Rennison (Acclaimed)
- Breeder Director: Vacant
- Track Director: Lee Drake (Acclaimed)
The 2022 Standardbred Canada Director Elections and By-Law Vote was conducted by Simply Voting in association with the office of Grant Thornton acting as scrutineer.
SC Active/Breeder Director Nomination Form
Active/Breeder Directors must be nominated by SC Active/Breeder members