2010 Canadian Fair Dates Posted

fair-winner.jpg
Published: June 9, 2010 03:22 pm EDT

The 2010 Canadian fair dates featuring live harness racing start next weekend with cards in both Ontario and

Manitoba.

To view the list of upcoming fair dates in your area, click here.

Please note that the listing of fair dates includes all fairs whose information has been registered with Standardbred Canada so far, and more dates will be added to the fair racing page as they come in.

Tags

Comments

I talked with Markham and offered my services to run the harness races and they said they didnt need me had someone then no races as well my services were offered in Sutton and no repsonse also as I have run a few fair races in my days but all anyone cares about these days is the dollar anyway I have moved to the Simcoe area and will enjoy our two race dates very much .Raymond Risebrough Simcoe,Ontario

Sonny Jewitt Not sure what to say on this one looks pretty sad for Ontario with only 5 fair dates .Thanks to the people that are trying to keep fair racing a reality . i myself will most likely visit 4 of the 5 tracks this summer with a few friends . My funniest memory of Leamington was the day the tote man fell back thru the tote board sitting on his chair . In them days a person actually put numbers up on the board manually or slid numbers into little turn styles and you new you had a good one if he had to come outside and hang a 5th number.

Thanks
Sonny

This list keeps getting smaller every year and can't be seen as a healthy sign for grassroots development of our sport. Insurance rates killed the Ontario fair races I tried to hold in 2003 and I have been living abroad since.

No Markham?

Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.