view counter
view counter

N.A. Cup Scheduled For August 29

Published: May 19, 2020 2:11 pm ET

Last Comment: May 24, 2020 10:12 am ET | 5 Comment(s) | Jump to Comments

Woodbine Entertainment is excited to announce that the $1 million Pepsi North America Cup for three-year-old pacers is scheduled for Saturday, August 29 at Woodbine Mohawk Park in Campbellville, Ont.

The N.A. Cup eliminations will be held the week prior, on Saturday, August 22.

Originally scheduled for June 20, the 37th Pepsi North America Cup was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The 2020 Woodbine Mohawk Park season was suspended on March 19 and is now set to resume without spectators on Friday, June 5.

“Mohawk Park in the fall is always packed full of action, and now we are adding our signature event, the Pepsi North America Cup, to the end of the summer schedule, which will only add even more excitement heading into the fall stakes season,” said Woodbine Entertainment CEO Jim Lawson.

Woodbine Entertainment will continue to follow the most updated direction from government and public health officials as it relates to spectators attending events.

For the latest regarding fan participation with the 37th Pepsi North America Cup, stay tuned to for updates.

(Woodbine Entertainment)

May 24, 2020 - 10:12 amThe trailer wraps are good

Jim Brown SAID...

The trailer wraps are good advertisement - wrapping a can of Pepsi with the logos shown above would also be great advertising. I'd be reaching for another can of Pepsi.

May 22, 2020 - 10:19 amRichard, I think it would

Mike Mobley SAID...

Richard, I think it would have made MUCH more sense to hold The NAC on August 22, with the elims on August 15. There are no major stakes races for 3yo pacing colts on 8/22, and only one scheduled for 8/15 is The Carl Milstein, a race which many owners skip since it's held at (Northfield) a half mile track.

May 20, 2020 - 2:44 pmThe comment that the

The comment that the rescheduling of the NA cup to a conflicting date with the messenger brings up a huge can of worms. Owners pay into stakes based on the scheduling. Now with rescheduling of many races, is there any recourse for paying into stakes that are now conflicting with another stakes that were not before? Do the owners just lose their money? And to complicate this even more what about the owner who pays into one stake over another and that's cancelled? Is there a way they can now pay a supplement so their horses can be raced? It's not the owners fault we have a COVID crisis.

May 19, 2020 - 6:08 pmReally don't think anyone has

Gord Brown SAID...

Really don't think anyone has the triple crown on their minds Mike! I'm pretty sure they just wanna RACE.

May 19, 2020 - 2:40 pmI'm extremely surprised that

Mike Mobley SAID...

I'm extremely surprised that Mohawk rescheduled the NA Cup for 8/29, because The Messenger eliminations are also scheduled for that night. That means that unless The Messenger doesn't require eliminations, it will be impossible for a horse to win both The North America Cup AND and The Triple Crown in 2020.

view counter

© 2020 Standardbred Canada. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement and compliance with the legal disclaimer and privacy policy.

Firefox 3 Best with IE 7 Built with Drupal