The Tulsa King Tops Atlantic Classic Yearling Sale

The Tulsa King as a yearling
Published: October 6, 2023 11:55 pm EDT

The Tulsa King topped a fabulous Atlantic Classic Yearling Sale on Friday, Oct. 6 at the Crapaud Exhibitions Grounds in Crapaud, P.E.I.

The Tulsa King was consigned by Robin Burke of Brackley, P.E.I., and sold for $62,000 to trainer Dr. Ian Moore of Ontario. The son of Shadow Play out of Racey Miss is a half-sibling to $278,000 earner In The Mood.

Honours for top priced yearling filly went to Ladys Wish, as the daughter of Betterthancheddar out of Giannas Ideal, consigned by Blaine Thibeau of Kensington, P.E.I., sold for $55,000 to Daniel Gaudreault of Quebec. The filly is a full sister to Woodbine Mohawk Park Preferred winner Western Wish.

The top priced regionally-bred gelding was Woodmere Rocketman from the Woodmere Farms consignment of Marshfield, P.E.I. From the first crop of Bet The Moon, the gelding out of Wild Ride Hanover was purchased for $40,000 by Daniel Ross of Belfast, P.E.I.

Mindbodyandsoul fetched the top price for Atlantic-bred pacing fillies as Hollis Newson signed for the daughter of Malicious-Mystic Eyes at $29,000 from the Greg MacKenzie consignment of Nova Scotia.

But We Here Now Stable took home the top priced trotter in Dusty Lane Luna with a $23,000 price tag for the E L Rocket-Starinthesky filly consigned by Dusty Lane Farms.

Fire The Rocket, an E L Rocket-Burnt With Finesse colt, was the top priced male trotter at $22,500 from the Greg MacKenzie consignment. Donald MacRae of Vernon Bridge, P.E.I. bought the half-brother to Maritimes stakes star Up Helly Aa.

"There is no question this event showed how Atlantic breeders can compete with any jurisdiction on the continent with some of the finest animals ever sold through this sale," said Nicholas Oakes, Atlantic Classic Sale Chair. "Our product garnered interest from across North America and left endless promise for the future of Atlantic Canadian racing. The reaffirmed support from the province of P.E.I., and P.E.I. Harness Racing Industry Association chair Blaine MacPherson with additional funding was the cherry on top as owners invested in their future champions."

Total gross chimed in at $1,895,000 with the sale average at $12,982.88.

For complete results, go to Atlantic-Classic.com.

(With files from Atlantic Classic Sale)

IMPORTANT LINKS

Tags
Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.