view counter
 
view counter
 
 

Follow Up: Quebec Punters Paid

Hippodrome-De-Montreal.jpg

Published: September 10, 2009 1:07 pm ET

Last Comment: September 14, 2009 2:13 am ET | 2 Comment(s) | Jump to Comments

The Pick-7 dispute between Pocono Downs and Attractions Hippiques remains unsolved, but the four Quebec bettors with the controversial ticket got paid, nonetheless.

Michel Gaudette and the three partners in his betting group received a total of about $32,000 today as a goodwill gesture from the Quebec racetrack operator, an amount equivalent to what the Pick-7 payoff would have been September 2 if Pocono had honoured the ticket they purchased at a provincial teletheatre.

“It took a week, but we’re satisfied. They were very correct with us,” said Gaudette. “Now they have to fight to get it (the money) from Pocono.”

Pocono refused to honour the group’s winning ticket September 2 on the grounds it was a $1 combination and the minimum for the bet was $2. Attractions Hippiques said it had been processing $1 combination bets on Pocono’s Pick-7 since June 30, with no complaint from the Pennsylvania track.

It has filed a complaint about Pocono’s refusal to honour the ticket with state regulators and stopped taking simulcast bets on its races until it’s resolved.

(A Trot Insider exclusive from Paul Delean)

September 14, 2009 - 2:13 amKudos on Atractions

Kudos on Atractions Hippiques(assuming it is as they have stated). Now the officials at Pocono responsible for this should not get away with the track being fined and censured but they should be charged with fraud!!

September 11, 2009 - 2:45 pmAll the Canadian tracks

Allan Schott SAID...

All the Canadian tracks should boycott Pocono's signal until this is rectified.


view counter
 
 
 

© 2021 Standardbred Canada. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement and compliance with the legal disclaimer and privacy policy.

Firefox 3 Best with IE 7 Built with Drupal