It has been reported that controversial thoroughbred owner Michael Gill and trainer Anthony Adamo will be able to proceed with their lawsuit against jockeys based at Penn National Race Course
An article by The Patriot News explains that U.S. Middle District Judge John E. Jones III has allowed the suit against the jockeys to go forward even though the jockeys have tried to have it thrown out.
A total of 31 jockeys had refused to ride in Penn National dashes in which Gill-owned and Adamo-trained horses were entered to race in.
The owner and trainer have stated that the jockeys' action led to their ouster from the track.
(With files from The Patriot News)
• Judge: Adamo, Gill Can Sue PHRC
• Lawsuit Filed Over Penn National Ouster
• Top T-Bred Owner Gill Irate
• Gill Sounds Off On Treatment
• Leading Owner Ejected In Pennsylvania
• Jockeys Unified Against Owner