Another Like Me Tops Harrisburg Mixed Sale Opener

Another Like Me winning at The Meadowlands
Published: November 9, 2023 05:55 pm EST

The 2023 Standardbred Horse Sale continued on Thursday, Nov. 9 with Another Like Me topping the first mixed session of the five-day auction, which included yearlings, broodmares and broodmare prospects and stallion shares.

Al Libfeld of Pickering, Ont. was the high bidder on a pair of the day's sale toppers, buying back homebred Another Like Me for $400,000 and Cantab It All for $350,000. Both mares were consigned by agent Preferred Equine Marketing, selling as part of the Libfeld/Katz partnership dispersal.

Three-year-old trotting filly and broodmare prospect Another Like Me, Hip 975, is a daughter of Muscle Hill out of the O'Brien Award winner Stubborn Belle. Trained by Nancy Takter, she has won four of her six career starts and took a mark of 1:52.2 in her last start on June 23 at The Meadowlands racing for Libfeld, Marvin And Lynn Katz and Sam Goldband. Another Like Me is a full sister to Kentucky Sire Stakes champion and Breeders Crown elimination winner Ms Savannah Belle ($328,514 - 1:52.4) and New Jersey Sire Stakes champion Really Fast ($226,500 - 1:51.2).

Selling in foal to Walner, 16-year-old broodmare Cantab It All, Hip 983, is the dam of multiple O'Brien and Dan Patch Award winner Ariana G ($2,600,995 - 1:50.2) and All The Time ($1,026,356 - 1:52.1), both Breeders Crown and Hambletonian Oaks champions. The stakes-winning Cantab Hall mare out of Better Odds earned $291,964 in her own racing career for the ownership of Libfeld and Katz. The Jimmy Takter trainee took her mark of 1:53 as a three-year-old in the Duenna Stakes at The Meadowlands.

Five-year-old trotting broodmare Insta Glam, Hip 1,036, also sold for $350,000. Brand new Standardbred farm owners Jim McLane and Rita Armitage of Armitage Farm LLC, based in Wilmington, Delaware, purchased the Father Patrick-Hollywood Hill mare, who was sold in foal to Gimpanzee, from the Concord Stud Farm consignment. Her dam is a half-sister to stallion The Bank ($1,214,895 - 1:50.4). Insta Glam was a stakes winner with a mark of 1:54f and earnings totalling $332,119 while trained by Nancy Takter. She has two Tactical Landing colts, a yearling that sold for $120,000 in Lexington and a weanling.

Three-year-old trotting filly Exile, Hip 1,059, was purchased for $310,000 by Paul F. Spears of the Wingsong Stable based in York, Pennsylvania. Owned by consignor Diamond Creek Farm, Brixton Medical Ab, Caviart Farms and trainer Nancy Takter, the Walner-Swan Hot Mama filly was sold in foal to Muscle Hill to dissolve a partnership. A sibling to Grand Circuit stakes winners Repentance ($278,854 - Q1:53.3) and Altar ($229,206 - 1:50.3), Exile previously sold for a record $800,000 price for a yearling filly trotter at the 2021 Lexington Selected Sale.

Bidding hit the $300,000 mark on two more trotting broodmares during the fourth Harrisburg sale session.

A full sister to Insta Glam selling as Hip 1,029, the Nancy Takter-trained three-year-old trotting filly Brunella was purchased in foal to Gimpanzee by Diamond Creek Farm of Wellsville, Pennsylvania. Consigned by agent Concord Stud Farm, the Father Patrick-Hollywood Hill filly won three of her nine starts, including the Matron Stakes last year in a career-best 1:54.4f at Dover Dovers, while earning $138,947.

Armitage Farm also added three-year-old trotting filly Grand Fashion, Hip 1,121, to its roster of new acquisitions. Consigned by Preferred Equine, the Walner filly is out of Hambletonian Oaks and Breeders Crown champion Broadway Schooner ($895,130 - 1:53.3) and is a full sister to Oaks winner Fashion Schooner ($770,113 - 1:50) and half-sibling to Crown champ Broadway Donna ($1,441,047 - 1:51.1). Trained by Jim Campbell, Grand Fashion took a mark of 1:55.1 winning a division of the New Jersey Sire Stakes last year at The Meadowlands. She was sold in foal to Tactical Landing.

A total of 388 horses and stallion shares were sold on Thursday with gross sales of $15,059,000, providing an average of $38,812 per horse / share sold. Last year, 273 horses or shares were sold during the fourth session with total sales topping $10.1 million.

The Harrisburg sale will conclude on Friday, Nov, 10 featuring Hips 1,285-1,548. The Friday session starts at 11 a.m.

IMPORTANT LINKS

Tags
Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.