Greenshoe Wins The Kentucky Futurity

GREENSHOE-KentuckyFuturity-370.jpg
Published: October 6, 2019 02:02 pm EDT

On Sunday (Oct. 6) at the Red Mile, division leader Greenshoe kept his crown intact. He patiently pushed his way to the front and faced little challenge en route to a 1:51.1 win over a ‘good’ track in the 127th Kentucky Futurity, which featured a purse of $450,000.

Dont Letem, who ultimately finished second, had pursued Greenshoe down the centre of the homestretch. Gimpanzee finished third, while Soul Strong, who had closed from the back of the pack, finished fourth.

“I was able to be patient with him and ease him up to the front. Then, when I thought it was time to use him up a little bit, he was there for me and was pretty much in hand," victorious pilot Brian Sears said afterward. "I was really happy with the way he scored down, so I was getting a good feeling going behind the gate. He’s got speed that really no other horse I can think of can go with.”

Greenshoe has now earned $1,241,273 for owners Courant Inc., Hans Backe, Lars Granqvist and Morten Langli. Greenshoe, who was bred by Al Libfeld and Marvin Katz, has now won 12 of his 16 career starts.

To read the full recap of the 2019 Kentucky Futurity, click here.

Beautiful Sin Wins The Kentucky Filly Futurity
In what was her second start for trainer Ake Svanstedt, Beautiful Sin pounced from a pocket trip to win the 54th Kentucky Filly Futurity—a $267,000 single dash sponsored by the Father Patrick Syndicate and Diamond Creek Farm—on Sunday, Oct. 6 at the Red Mile. To read the complete recap, click here.

World Record For Manchego In Allerage
Driver Dexter Dunn refused to seat Manchego in the pocket and circled the Nancy Johansson trainee to the front, speeding around the Red Mile to take the $69,500 Allerage Farms Mare Trot—sponsored by the What The Hill Syndicate and Hickory Lane Horse Farm—in a 1:49 mile, eclipsing the all-age world record for trotting females, on Sunday, Oct. 6 at the Red Mile. To read the complete recap, click here.

Bettors Wish For Real In The Tattersalls
Chris Ryder trainee Bettors Wish ground first over into the final turn and withstood a late rush from pocket-popper Captain Crunch to take the second $270,000 division of the Tattersalls Pace. To read the complete recap, click here.

Dancin Lou Collars Southwind Ozzi In The Tattersalls
The Tahnee Camilleri-trained and Dexter Dunn-driven Dancin Lou shot up along the pylons in the stretch and bettered Little Brown Jug winner Southwind Ozzi in the first $270,000 division of the Tattersalls Pace. To read the complete recap, click here.

Caviart Ally Defeats Shartin N In Allerage
A season-long bout of runner-up finishes to division leader Shartin N ended on Sunday, Oct. 6 at the Red Mile as Caviart Ally upended the star pacing mare with a 1:48.3 mile in the $87,000 Allerage Farms Mare Pace—sponsored by the Fear The Dragon Syndicate and Midland Acres. To read a complete recap, click here.

(With files from the Red Mile)

Tags
Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.