Friday, January 27, 2023
Friday, February 3, 2023
Friday, February 10, 2023
Payments can be made through SC Stakes Online by clicking here.
Payments can be made directly to Woodbine Entertainment (see info below).
Declarations close as posted on weekly condition sheet.
The Rules of Racing of the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) in effect at the time the race is contested shall govern this race and any and all entries to the race will be received only with the understanding and on the agreement of the subscriber that the Rules of Racing govern, and that the following additional conditions apply:
1. At the absolute discretion of Woodbine Entertainment, the entries of any person (including this entry) or the transfer of any entry (including this entry) may at any time be refused and/or cancelled without either notice or reason being given and without liability except for the return of any subscriptions paid on an entry or entries refused and/or cancelled.
2. Subject to the said Rules of Racing, Woodbine Entertainment reserves the right to cancel the race without liability therefore upon repayment of all subscription fees, if any, paid on such cancelled race.
3. Woodbine Entertainment reserves the right to change the time and/or place of the race in its absolute discretion, subject, however, to the Rules and Regulations of the AGCO.
4. It is expressly understood and agreed that the race may, if Woodbine Entertainment so determines in its absolute discretion, be conducted by a Racing Association other than Woodbine Entertainment, and Woodbine Entertainment shall have the right to assign, and transfer this entry and all monies paid to it hereunder to such other Racing Association and in such event all obligations, if any, of Woodbine Entertainment shall terminate.
5. Purse distribution: 50 per cent, 25 per cent, 12 per cent, 8 per cent, 5 per cent, unless otherwise stated in the conditions. Purse distribution for added money events may be held for a minimum of 15 days.
6. Woodbine Entertainment reserves the right to increase added monies at any time.
7. All races to be a distance of One Mile (1609 M) unless otherwise stated in the conditions.
8. If Eleven (11) horses or fewer declare to start, there will be no eliminations, and all declared horses will advance directly to the Final.
9. If Twelve (12) or more horses declare to start, races will be contested with two or more eliminations. The finalists from the elimination will be those horses who finish highest in the official order of finish. Horses tied for the last eligible starting position or positions for the final event will be drawn by lot to constitute a ten-horse field. All horses that qualify will advance directly to the final. If eliminations are used to determine the finalists, post positions in the final will be determined by an open draw with the exception that the elimination winners, in an order determined by lot, may choose their post position for the Final. The owner(s), or designated agent, of each winner must select the post position by a time specified by the Racing Secretary, or that elimination winner will be placed in the open draw with the rest of the Final field.
10. For each series conducted (unless otherwise stated in conditions): the Final event will be limited to ten horses according to the highest money earnings in the series. All horses must declare in for the Final. If one of the ten highest money winners fails to
declare in for the final, the next highest money winner declared will become eligible to the final. If the number of horses tied in money earnings for the last eligible starting position increases the field to more than ten horses, they will be drawn by lot to
constitute a ten horse field. If enough money winners fail to declare in for the final, starters in the series that are not money winners and declared for the final may increase the field to ten horses, and such horses will be drawn by lot. If there is more than one division of the preliminary races, each division will race for 100% of the advertised purse. If there are more than 4 divisions of a preliminary leg, some divisions may be carried over to the next racing day.
11. One Also Eligible may be carried on the Final Event.
12. **Ontario Sired means bred by a sire that was registered in the Ontario Sires Stakes program in the year of the breeding. **
13. Minimum of 20 nominations required to fill the series. If less than 20 nominations are received, the event may proceed at the discretion of Woodbine Entertainment.
14. U.S. Funds will be accepted at the fees designated on the stake conditions. U.S. funds will be converted to Canadian funds when deposited to the bank. U.S. funds will be converted at Woodbine Entertainment’s internally published buying rate for US dollars.
15. Woodbine Entertainment may require all horses declared to its races to be on the grounds of Woodbine or Mohawk Racetracks up to 48 hours prior to the race in which such horses are to start. These horses may be placed in a retention barn.
16. All post positions will be drawn by lot unless otherwise stated in the conditions.
17. In series races a leg or a race may be cancelled if less than five separate betting interests are declared to start or due to weather or track conditions. A cancellation of a leg will not affect the running of the remaining legs of the series.
18. All nominated or supplemented horses must be registered as twins that were carried by the natural mother to term, or the only foal of the dam in any given year, or if produced through embryo/ovum transfer, must be the donor mare’s first born foal in any given year.
19. No Also Eligible will draw in to race after wagering has opened.
20. A breach of any of these General Racing Conditions and/or any applicable racing rules and policies of Woodbine Entertainment that are in effect at the time of racing may result in fines, suspension of privileges, the loss of any or all nomination fees,
sustaining fees and/or starting fees, and/or eviction from the premises of Woodbine Entertainment.
21. Qualifying standards for all added money events are governed by the Rules of The AGCO.
22. It is suggested that payments be made online at ww.WoodbineMohawkPark.com/sbpayments or in person at the Woodbine Mohawk Park Race Office.