Sunday, May 15, 2022
Sunday, May 22, 2022
April 19, 2022 $500 CAD ($410 USD)
PREFERRED METHOD OF PAYMENT ONLINE @ https://woodbine.com/mohawk/standardbred-nomination/Or SEND TO: Woodbine Mohawk Park, Attn: Dana Keyes 9430 Guelph Line, PO Box 160, Campbellville, Ontario, L0P 1B0 NOMINATION FEES FOR ALL STAKES MUST ACCOMPANY THE NOMINATIONS.
Payments can also be made through SC Stakes Online by clicking here.
(Effective 2019 this event is subject to Woodbine’s Standardbred Integrity and Accountability Initiative Stake Conditions)
The Rules of Racing of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario in effect at the time the race is contested shall govern this race and any and all entries to the race will be received only with the understanding and on the agreement of the subscriber that the said Rules of Racing govern and that the following additional rules apply. If eleven (11) or more horses declare to start, the race will be contested in eliminations. If ten (10) or fewer horses declare to start, the Confederation Cup will be contested as a single final dash, without eliminations, on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
1. If eliminations are required, the final event will be limited to nine horses. All ties will be decided by a draw by lot.
2. All horses must be declared to start in the elimination races, by the regular box closing date and time.
3. Post positions for horses advancing to starting positions and “also‐eligible” positions in the final will be drawn after the last elimination race is contested on May 15, 2022.
4. All post positions will be drawn by lot in all events.
5. The top nine finishers from the elimination races will automatically be drawn in to the final. All ties will be broken by a draw by lot. If 2 eliminations are held, the top 4 from each division will advance and 1 of the 2 fifth‐place finishers (as determined by a draw by lot). If 3 eliminations are held, the top 3 from each division will advance, and so forth.
6. There will be a first and a second “also eligible” horse in the final race. Also eligible” horses are chosen from the next top horse as determined by order of finish in the elimination races. All ties are broken by a draw by lot. No also eligible will draw in to race after wagering has opened.
7. All races to be raced over a distance of one mile (1609 M).
8. All nomination/sustaining fees and starting fees will be added to the final.
9. Horses may be supplemented to the Confederation Cup by paying a supplemental fee of $15,000 (starting fee included) in Canadian funds. Supplemental fees and declarations must be submitted to the race office prior to the closing of the box for the elimination races. All supplementary fees will be added to the final purse.
10. All finishers in the race will receive money. The winner of the race will receive 50% of the total purse. One (1%) of the total purse will be paid to each horse finishing sixth through last; the remainder of the purse for the race will be divided 50-24-16-10% for the horses finishing second through fifth.
11. U.S. Funds will be accepted at the fees designated on the stake conditions. U.S. funds will be converted to Canadian funds when deposited to the bank. U.S. funds will be converted at Woodbine Entertainment’s internally published buying rate for US dollars.