view counter
 
view counter
 
 

Mandatory High Five Payout ‘Pace’ Night

Published: June 29, 2016 12:01 pm ET

No Comments | Jump to Comments

Officials with the Meadowlands Racetrack have announced that the track will offer a mandatory payout of its last-race Jackpot Super High Five on Meadowlands Pace Night (Saturday, July 16).

The current jackpot stands at $267,769. The wager will not be offered until the mandatory payout night to ensure it is not hit before then.

“We think the opportunity for horseplayers to wager into possibly a negative takeout pool that we expect to be well into the seven-figure range makes Meadowlands Pace Night an even bigger ‘must-see’ night of racing and wagering,” said Meadowlands GM/COO Jason M. Settlemoir. “With the success Mohawk had with the mandatory payout of their Jackpot Super High Five on North America Cup Night, we believe the wagering public will tune in and wager accordingly.”

A separate Jackpot Super High Five is offered on the track’s fifth race each night. That jackpot has been hit four times since the meet began in November. The fifth race wager will continue to be offered with a jackpot amount of $21,976 heading into the next night of live racing on Friday, July 1.

The early Jackpot Super High Five requires a horseplayer to predict the first five finishers in order. It carries a 20-cent base wager. The jackpot amount only pays out if there is one single winner. Otherwise, 75 per cent of the net pool is paid out to consolation winners while the remaining 25 per cent is added to the jackpot.

Meadowlands Pace Night features total stakes purses of more than $2.5 million. In addition to ‘The Pace,’ the card will also include the Hambletonian Maturity, Stanley Dancer Memorial, Golden Girls, Del Miller Memorial, Mistletoe Shalee, and the William Haughton Free-For-All Pace that could feature a rematch between Always B Miki, Wiggle It Jiggleit, and Freaky Feet Pete.

Other Wagering Updates

The Meadowlands will present an early first-race post time of 6:30 p.m. this Saturday (July 2). With the earlier-than-normal kick-off time, the track’s Pick Five guarantee will not be offered on the sequence which covers Races 1 – 5. In addition, the Late Pick Four wager’s guarantee will be $40,000. The Late Pick Four covers Races 7 – 10. The Early Pick Four (Races 3 – 6) will continue to offer a $25,000 guaranteed pool. These changes will only be in effect on Saturday, July 2.

(Meadowlands Racetrack)


view counter
 
 
 

© 2021 Standardbred Canada. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement and compliance with the legal disclaimer and privacy policy.

Firefox 3 Best with IE 7 Built with Drupal