view counter
 
view counter
 
 

Six-Figure Carryovers At The Big M

Published: May 28, 2015 3:08 pm ET

No Comments | Jump to Comments

The carryovers in both of the Jackpot Super High 5 wagers at the Meadowlands Racetrack have grown to six figures heading into Friday’s (May 29) card of live racing.

The carryover in the Race 5 Jackpot Super High 5 has grown to $131,037. The jackpot was hit for $12,101 on December 26, but has not been claimed since then, a stretch of 50 race dates.

The carryover in the last-race wager now sits at $105,195. It was last hit on March 14 for $200,000, the largest payout in Meadowlands history.

The Jackpot Super High 5 requires horseplayers to correctly select the first five finishers of the designated race in the exact order. The catch is that the jackpot pays out only if there is one unique winning ticket. If there is more than one winning ticket, 75 per cent of the evening’s net pool is paid out to the winning tickets while the remaining 25 per cent is added to the jackpot carryover.

Friday’s fifth race is a conditioned trot with a full field of 10 entered. The final race is a $10,000 claiming event for paces, also with a full field of 10.

One lucky fan in attendance will also win a VIP trip to the Belmont Stakes to watch American Pharoah attempt to become the first horse in 37 years to win the Triple Crown.

Saturday’s 13-race card features four $100,000 New Jersey Sire Stakes Finals featuring Dan Patch Award winners Mission Brief and Artspeak.

First-race post time for both nights is 7:15 p.m.

(Meadowlands Racetrack)


view counter
 
 
 

© 2021 Standardbred Canada. All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement and compliance with the legal disclaimer and privacy policy.

Firefox 3 Best with IE 7 Built with Drupal