$4.18M Carryover Into Thursday Pick 6

Published: March 24, 2016 10:47 am EDT

An exotic wager that is being offered again on Thursday afternoon (March 24) will offer a whopping $4.18-million carryover.

According to a piece on horseracingnation.com, Gulfstream Park’s Rainbow 6 will feature a $4,181,510.53 carryover. The card will kick off with a 12:35 p.m. first-race post time, and the wager will span Races 6-11.

The wager only pays out once there is a sole winning ticket. The article states that if the Rainbow 6 continues to go unsolved, it will feature a mandatory payout this Saturday (March 26).

On programs in which there is no unique ticket sold, 70 per cent of the day’s pool gets paid out to those that have selected all six winners, while the remaining 30 per cent of the pool gets carried over to the wager on the next program of racing.

The record payout for the wager occurred on May 25, 2014, when a handicapper in Palm Beach, Florida was the only one to nail the exotic, which then returned $6,678,939.

(With files from horseracingnation.com)

Tags