The field for the 2011 World Driving Championship is almost complete. The missing name is Canada’s representative, which will be the winner of the National Driving
Championship on Saturday, May 7 at Red Shores Racetrack and Casino at Charlottetown Driving Park.
For complete info on the NDC, click here.
To date, the 2011 World Driving Championship field consists of:
- The reigning World Driving Champion, Birger Jørgensen of Denmark
- Enrico Bellei of Italy
- Michael Nimczyk of Germany
- Björn Goop of Sweden
- Franck Nivard of France
- Juan Antonio Riera-Rosello of Spain
- Chris Lewis of Australia
- Dexter Dunn of New Zealand
- Jason Bartlett of the United States
The World Driving Championship is hosted by the United States Trotting Association and will open on Sunday, July 31 and conclude on Friday, August 5. It will be held in conjunction with the 2011 World Trotting Conference, which opens on Thursday, August 4 and closes on Tuesday, August 9.
The schedule for the World Driving Championship is listed below.
Sunday, July 31:
• Opening round (four races)
Monday, August 1
• Second round (four races)
Wednesday, August 3
• Third round (four races)
Thursday, August 4
• Fourth round (four races)
Friday, August 5
• Fifth and final round (four races)