2010 Racing In Quebec?

Published: January 11, 2010 10:18 am EST

The head of the owners' group trying to revive horseracing in Quebec figures the chances are "50 to 60 per cent" there will be live racing this year at a former

training centre about 30 kilometres southeast of Montreal in St. Basile le Grand.

In a letter to the provincial horsemen's association, Tony Infilise also said the plan is to devote 70 per cent of purse money to races for Quebec-breds in 2010 and 2011.

He's hoping the purse pool will start to build as early as this month if internet wagering gets the green light. Quebec's teletheatres could be back in business in March.

The group's objective for 2010 is 50 live programs from May to October.

Quebec has had no live racing or offtrack betting since the collapse of racetrack operator Attractions Hippiques last year.

(A Trot Insider exclusive by Paul Delean)

Tags

Comments

I would guess about 50% of the old Attraction Hippiques clientele have gotten accounts with US or off shore sites since the demise of the Hippique. In my case I would not go back to a new group unless it was comparable to the one I have now. This means:

1) Payoff same as source track (not 7-15% taken off as has been the case in the last 10-15 years.

2) Ability to make dime supers, 50 cent Tri bets etc

3) Rebate of 2-3%

Otherwise I am not going back and I am certain I will not be in the minority,

HORSE RACING FANS IN MONTREAL ARE REALLY NOT INTERESTED IN BETTING MONTREAL

HARNESS ANYMORE. ALL WE WANT IS TO BET ON SIMULCAST RACING THROUGHOUT NORTH AMERICA.

MANY PEOPLE HAVE OPENED UP WAGERING ACCOUNTS IN THE U.S.A.AND IS CURRENTLY BETTING
`
IN U.S. DOLLARS OR TRAVELLING TO ONTARIO WHERE WE ARE WELCOMED MORE THAN IN THIS `BELLE

PROVINCE`NEVER AGAIN WILL I KEEP MY BETTING MONEY IN QUEBEC. APPOLO

if need be, maybe i can get a few names of ATAQ executives and Breeders executive, i think they know of a way to generate more than 9 millions per year for the next 15 years to run 3 small racetracks !!!! i am sure they can help you create a nice fair circuit,...

Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.