Standardbred Canada, Red Shores Racetrack & Casino, PEIHRIA and participating host tracks
For aged pacing mares (foals of 2019 and older) that are Canadian sired and/or 100% Canadian
owned as of June 28, 2023.
If not Canadian sired, mares must remain 100% Canadian owned for the duration of the series.
Leg #1 Truro
July 23, 2023
Leg #2 Woodstock
August 4, 2023
Leg #3 Charlottetown
September 9, 2023
Leg #4 Summerside Raceway
October 1, 2023
October 21, 2023
July 5, 2023 $100
$100 due one hour prior to post and payable to the applicable racetrack
Payments can be made through SC Stakes Online by clicking here.
Payments can also be made directly to Standardbred Canada by mail.
1. All events conducted under the rules and regulations of the Atlantic Provinces Harness Racing
Commission, Standardbred Canada and Host tracks.
2. Nomination fees must be post-marked on or before the due date. Nominations fees are
to be sent and payable to Standardbred Canada. Online payments via SC Stakes Online
are also acceptable.
3. Declarations close at the time and date declared by the host track.
4. All nomination will be added to the final.
5. Nomination fee must accompany all nominations. Payment for nomination fees must be
in Canadian funds only. All nominations are subject to Red Shores rules and policies at time of
6. All races will be at a distance of one (1) mile unless otherwise stated.
7. All positions for all events will be drawn by the Standardbred Canada Electronic Draw.
8. Purse distribution:
a. 5 or more starters: 50 — 25 — 12 — 8 — 5%;
b. 4 starters: 50 — 25 — 15 —10%;
c. 3 starters: 60 — 30 — 10%;
d. 2 starters: 65 — 35%;
e. 1 starter: 100%.
9. A starting fee of $100 per mare is payable on the day of the race, one hour before post
time. Starting fees are to be made payable to the host racetrack.
10. Each host track shall add $2,000 to the first division of the leg they host and $1,000 per
division thereafter. Standardbred Canada will add $9,717 to the series which will be
divided equally among the legs. Red Shores will add $9,717 which will be added to the
11. The top eight (8) money earners from the legs will race in the final. In the event of a tie
for 8th place, the 8th entry will be drawn by lot.
12. In the event that any of the top eight (8) money earners do not declare to start in the
final, the next highest money winner(s) will be deemed eligible to race in the final.
13. Also-eligibles for the final will be the (AE1) mare with the 9th highest money winnings in
the legs and the (AE2) mare with the 10th highest money winnings in the legs.
14. The host track upon approval of the stake sponsors, reserves the right to reject any
money entry, declare off the event if conditions warrant, and to call off any event that is
not filling satisfactorily upon declaration.
15. Should for any reason, the host track be unable to conduct a scheduled race, the stake
sponsors reserve the right to cancel, postpone the event or to reschedule it to another
date and/or racetrack or all monies paid will be refunded.
16. The stake sponsors reserve the right to call off the event if fewer than 15 nominations
are received. Should the case arise, nomination fees submitted by the nomination date
will be refunded to the first owner of record.
17. Nomination cheques that are returned from the bank as “NSF” would constitute a
failure to make payment and automatic withdrawal of the nomination unless restitution
is received before the deadline.
18. The stake sponsors reserve the right to make changes with the approval of APHRC to the
terms, conditions and purse pool structure for future events of this event.
19. The stake sponsors, host racetracks and APHRC assume no responsibility for injury,
damages or loss to participants of this event.
Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at Charlottetown, 58 Kensington Rd, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 9S8
Tel: (902) 629-6634, Fax: (902) 892-1052, Website: www.redhorse.ca
Standardbred Canada Stakes Department - 1-2150 Meadowvale Boulevard, Mississauga, ON, L5N 6R6 Tel: (905) 858-3060-254 Fax (905) 858-8047, e-mail: [email protected] website: www.standardbredcanada.ca