Mohawk's Thursday Card Cancelled

Mohawk Racetrack
Published: June 7, 2023 05:53 pm EDT

Due to the Environment Canada Special Air Quality Alert for Toronto, and consistent with the advice of veterinarians, medical practitioners and other racing officials including the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, Woodbine has made the decision to cancel the Mohawk Park race card on Thursday, June 8 with the primary consideration being the health and safety of the horses and racing participants.

The Ontario Sires Stakes Gold event for three-year-old filly trotters is postponed until Tuesday, June 13. Horses will not need to re-enter and post positions will remain unchanged.

Woodbine will continue to monitor the situation and weather forecast and provide an update regarding live racing for Friday, June 9. It will also be confirmed Thursday afternoon whether the two-year-old qualifiers on Friday morning will proceed.

Woodbine has also cancelled Thursday’s Thoroughbred race card. 

(With files from Woodbine)