The Standardbred Breeders & Owners Association of New Jersey (SBOANJ) announced on Friday that breeders of record of those horses racing in the May New Jersey Sire Stakes will be receiving Breeders’ Awards shortly after the series is completed.
The awards, part of the state appropriation allocation, are based on 15 per cent of the purse amount earned by each horse in divisions and finals.
The following races are included in the Breeders’ Awards:
• NJSS Premier Division Races
• NJSS Standardbred Development Fund races
• Renaissance Pace
• SBOANJ Futurities
• SBOANJ Garden State Trot
• SBOANJ Home Grown Pace
Payments for future events will be made at the end of each series or race date. Final Breeders’ Awards for the Sire Stakes Premier Division cheques should be released in approximately two weeks. Eliminations/Division bonus cheques are expected to be released within 30 days of the race results.
All purse distribution and final race results will be determined by the New Jersey Racing Commission testing policies. W-9 forms with the name of the first breeder of record as per the U.S. Trotting Association (USTA) must be on file with the SBOANJ in order to receive payment.
• Cheques will be made out to the breeder(s) of record as per the USTA.
• The cheque will be mailed to the individual who is listed first as breeder, who will then be responsible to disburse the Breeder Awards accordingly. SBOANJ will not issue separate cheques.
• The cheques will be issued by the SBOANJ once individuals provide the office with a W-9 form. Forms are available at sboanj.com.
For any questions, call or email the the SBOANJ at 7320462-2357 or [email protected].
(With files from SBOANJ)