7,000 For Dave Wall

dave-wall.jpg
Published: June 3, 2010 08:03 pm EDT

In sports you'll quite often hear about teams clinching playoff spots without actually playing, but it's not too often you'll hear about a harness driver reaching a career milestone without driving

Such is the case with Dave Wall, who was recently awarded his 7,000th win after an appeal restored the finish order of a race which Wall won at Western Fair back in March. As Wall was awarded that win, he actually hit the 7,000 win plateau aboard Hard Oil Jack on May 22, 2010 at Hiawatha Horse Park.

The popular Komoka, Ont. based horseman is just the 31st driver in harness racing history to reach 7,000 wins. One of the most consistent drivers in Canada for many years, Wall’s earnings have surpassed $1 million every year since 1982.

Known for years as ‘Mr OSS’ thanks to his success in the Ontario Sires Stakes program where he’s won the top driver award on multiple occasions, Wall was named Canada’s Horseman of the Year in 1985. He’s best known as the driver behind such top performers as Goodtimes, Odies Fame, Staff Director, Twin B Playboy, Gypsy Balance and many more.

"I never dreamed I'd win that many races," a surprised Wall told Trot Insider upon hearing the news. "I didn't set any goals like that...I'm just happy to be doing what I love doing and fortunate enough to still be going strong."

Please join Standardbred Canada in offering congratulations to Dave Wall.

Tags

Comments

He has always taken the time to say Hi, and a firm handshake, always asks how your health and family are and if you needed a favour Dave always wanted to be asked first. Congrats on a great career my friend, and good health to you and your family.

Bish

A pat on the back and a good hand shake for one of our truly "Good Guys"
Continued success and good luck.

Congrats Wally , class guy all the way , keep it going to at least 8000...

Dunc

Have something to say about this? Log in or create an account to post a comment.