Bring A Friend Weekend - July 15-17, 2016
BRING A FRIEND NATIONAL CHALLENGE
Here’s your chance to share the passion you feel for Canadian harness racing and be an ambassador for the sport!
Century Downs - Sunday, July 17
Calgary, Alberta; Post Time: 1:10 p.m.
- Draws (Starting Gate Car) - T-Shirt Tosses - Handicapping Workshop - Meet and Greet with the drivers - Entertainment between races - Mascot Appearance - Bounceback Coupon
Clinton Raceway - Sunday, July 17
Clinton, Ont.; Post time: 1:30 p.m., Gates: Noon
- Free Programs (first 30 guests) - Free $2 Bets (first 30 guests) - T-Shirt Tosses - Free Tip Sheets - Music between races - Mascot Appearance - WIN, PLACE, FREE Bounceback Coupon
Grand River Raceway - Friday, July 15
Elora, Ont.; Post time: 6:30 p.m., Gates Open: 5:30 p.m.
- Free Programs (first 50 guests) - Free $2 Bets (first 50 guests) - Bet Help Reps - Winner’s Circle emcee - Mascot Appearance - Greeters - Prize Draw for $ 200 wager - Bounce back coupon for $10 wager - Live entertainment with Dave Rocks 107.5 FM
Hanover Raceway - Saturday, July 16
Hanover, Ont.; Post time: 7:15 p.m., Gates Open: 6:00 p.m.
- Draws (Starting Gate Car & Winner’s Circle) - Winner’s Circle Emcee - Prize Draws - *Special prizes for participants & guests*
Hiawatha Horse Park - Saturday, July 16
Sarnia, Ont.; Post time: 7:00 p.m., Gates Open: 6:00 p.m. - Draw (Starting gate car) - Free Programs (first 50 Guests) - Beer & Bones on the patio - $6 - Free Tip Sheets - Prize Draws (Driving Range Gift Cards, Hats, Concession Coupons)
Mohawk Racetrack - Saturday, July 16
Campbellville, Ont.; Post time: 7:30 p.m., Gates Open: 6:30 p.m. - Free Programs (first 50 guests) - Free $2 Bets (first 50 guests) - Customer Service Reps Available - Mascot Appearance!
Rideau Carleton Raceway - Sunday, July 17
Gloucester, Ont.; Post Time: 6:30 p.m., Gates: 5:30 p.m.
- Draws (Pace car) - Free Programs (first 100 guests) - Food Discount - Free Tip Sheets - Music between races - Prize Draws Promo Items!
Truro Raceway - Sunday, July 17
Truro, Nova Scotia; Post Time: 1:00 p.m., Gates Open: Noon
- Draws - Free Race Programs (BAF Participants) - Food Discount - Free Tip Sheets - Free $2 bet - Customer Service Help Available - Beginner Handicapping Workshop - Winner’s Circle Emcee - Meet the Drivers Session - Music between races - Greeters - Bounceback coupon
BRING A FRIEND TO ONE OF THESE TRACKS!
Do you have friends and family who have never been to the horse races? Here’s your chance to share your passion for Canadian harness racing and be an ambassador for the sport! It’s more fun to cheer in a group, so we brought back The Bring A Friend National Challenge for the fourth consecutive year. The event will be hosted at tracks across the country. Bring a friend, or two, or more to the races during the weekend of July 14th-17th to get in on the action!
This national promotion is a collaborative effort between Standardbred Canada members, racing fans, commission licensees, trades people, racetracks and SC’s ‘I Love Canadian Harness Racing’ Fan Club. The goal is to invite people who have never been to the harness races or haven’t visited a track within the past year, so they can learn what it’s all about! To ensure your ‘friends’ get the VIP treatment and have an amazing experience, you will be responsible for hosting and helping them understand what happens at the track -- showing them the basics in reading a program, making bets and explaining what happens in between the races.
Over the past three years, the Bring A Friend National Challenge has introduced thousands of new people to the sport. This year, there are eight enthusiastic tracks taking part and offering exciting activities to enhance the experience for guests.
Century Downs Racetrack, Clinton Raceway, Grand River Raceway, Hanover Raceway, Hiawatha Horse Park, Mohawk Racetrack, Rideau Carleton Raceway and Truro Raceway will be pulling out all the stops in their own unique fashion to offer an unforgettable experience for their guests.
Tracks will provide different activities along with draws, contests and prizes to make it an entertaining day / evening for everyone. Some of the offers include a free $2 bet, food and beverage discounts, draws for rides in the starting gate car, winner’s circle presentations, paddock tours, driver meet and greets, t-shirt tosses and beginner handicapping workshops.
We are relying on you, the membership and industry participants to drive this event, invite your friends and bring them with you or meet them at the track.
We’ll also be featuring several contests connected to the Bring A Friend promotion so stay tuned for updates on those in the next few weeks!
Let’s get some new people out to the races and show them the sport and industry we all love!
Click here for some tips to have a Great Bring A Friend Day!