Field Set For 2016 Ellamony
Published: September 30, 2016 8:50 am ET
No Comments | Jump to Comments
A star-studded field of nine older pacing mares will head to the gate this Saturday in the 2016 Ellamony at Flamboro Downs.
With divisional star Lady Shadow not entered, the focus shifts to O'Brien Award winner Solar Sister. The regally-bred four-year-old daughter of Mach Three - Cabrini Hanover boasts a solid 4-4-3 summary from her 13 seasonal starts and is one of the few with a victory over Lady Shadow this season. Solar Sister got the best of her rival in the 2016 Artiscape at Tioga Downs in a lifetime best 1:49.4f.
Trained by Gregg McNair, Solar Sister is a homebred owned by Ontario's Clay Horner and David Willmot. Regular pilot Doug McNair will be in the sulky, leaving with Solar Sister from post three as the 2-1 morning line choice.
The full field for the $100,000 Ellamony is as follows:
1. Wrangler Magic - Yves Filion - Stephane Larocque - 9-2
2. Bedroomconfessions - Randy Waples - Tony Alagna - 3-1
3. Solar Sister - Doug McNair - Gregg McNair - 2-1
4. Witch Dali - James MacDonald - Richard Moreau - 6-1
5. Storm Point - Jonathan Drury - Casie Coleman - 5-1
6. Sandbetweenurtoes - Alfie Carroll - Richard Moreau - 8-1
7. Delightful Hill - Travis Henry - Carmen Auciello - 9-1
8. Yagonnakissmeornot - Louis Philippe Roy - Rene Allard - 7-2
9. Waasmula - Bob McClure - Bruce Goit - 5-2
The Ellamony is set as the feature race on the Saturday, Oct 1 card of racing with first post at 6:00 p.m.
To showcase the Ellamony, Flamboro Downs is featuring a host of on-track promotions including; $1.00 hot dogs, soft drinks, Pogos, mystery betting vouchers, T- shirt toss, a special edition of its popular Survivor handicapping challenge and a draw for VIP tickets to a Hamilton Tiger Cats upcoming home game.
The Top O Turn buffet is open for reservations and the new full service Pavilion dining room is available and may be booked directly on the track's website.
For full entries, click the following link: Saturday Entries - Flamboro Downs.
(with files from Flamboro)